Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1, 2008

A beautiful sunny day here in Pordenone. I started out with a sweater, but soon shed it during my morning walk. I was so proud of myself today as I found the post office and got in the proper mind to purchase stamps. I had practiced asking for ten airmail stamps, but was thrown when the clerk rattled off something in Italian to me. She was giving me a choice of two styles of stamps. Nevertheless, mission accomplished.


Some of you know my penchant for European robins. I think this is one, but he was rather illusive to get a close-up.


On my walk today I discovered this old sundial with its hour indicator embedded in a wall. I have never seen a perpendicular sundial on a wall before. As you can see it was down one of the little alley ways in the town.

I love how things are a blend of the old and new here. Rather than destroying this well to make a parking lot, they just made it the centerpiece. Also you can see that parking is at a premium here.