Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30, 2008

We chose to go to San Giorgio’s Catholic Church this morning. For those of you who know what an Anglophile that I am, I chose this one because of St. George and the dragon (St. George is the patron saint of England.) The churches here do not have steeples with bells in them, but rather bell towers beside the church. Here is a shot of the church with the bell tower beside it.




Here is a haloed Saint George atop his tower forever slaying his dragon.




Shots of the church.






I saw this neat old building next to where they are doing some construction. Isn’t it a quaint fixer-upper?



One of the things that I wanted to hear when I came to Italy was the church bells. It is lovely to hear all the churches in Pordenone ring their bells many times every day calling the faithful to mass. Click on the picture to hear San Giorgio’s bells.