Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4, 2008

There is a used bookstore near David's work place called Gently Used Books, so of course I had to check it out! You can buy books from them in all genres, although not surprisingly there are more romance paperbacks than anything else. You can also trade books with them, although I'm not sure what the exchange rate is. I found a few goodies in the gardening section as you can see.


I already own a copy of the Country Diary book, but the pictures in it are so exquisite, I could pull some out of the spare copy to frame. And how could I pass up a book of English gardens!


On Friday I went antiquing at Adamstown. There are many, many antique shops there, so I started with the first one I came to. It actually was the only one I visited as I spent all my time there. Of course that leaves an excuse to go back! I found a few treasures, one of which you can see in the photo:




The small cup and saucer is the reddish brown quail pattern. I bought three of these (all there was), and they will happily be added to other pieces of this pattern I have collected.

Near the antique shop I noticed this sign and buildings, so stopped to see what was so special about this site. As you can read on the sign, it is a spring where people can still get water. (Click on photo to enlarge.)

In fact when I stopped there was a women filling numerous jugs with water. Of course til I got the camera out of its bag and ready to go, she had finished, so wasn't able to get an "action shot."